Custom Search

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

AZ Gov Signs Bill Giving Power to Self to Sue Fed #AZ #p2

Arizona is already in a mess and our Governor, Jan Brewer, took it upon herself to sign a bill giving her the ability to skirt Attorney General Terry Goddards decision to not join in the frivolous lawsuit against the new Health Insurance Reform bill recently signed into law by President Obama. This make no sense and makes me fighting mad! The budget cuts last year to education and childrens services hurt many citizens including me. I, like many others in the state had my own childcare business. Between raising the license fees more than 200% and cutting services such as childcare subsidies put myself and countless others out of business. It makes no sense to me what so ever because with daycares closing, funding to working poor cut off, parents are forced to quit their jobs and go on assistance. I had to go on assistance as my husband was laid off last June. I thought the smart thing would be to get people to work not the other way around. Anyway I digress. I am supposed to be talking about the lawsuit against Health Insurance Reform. 

Governor Brewer seems to have learned a thing or two from GWB in that she implements laws to suit her whims and puts people out of business and out of work, which puts families on welfare or homeless or both. This is nothing more than political posturing and a way to make a name for herself before the next election. Why anyone would vote for a fiscal failure like her is beyond me. Here is a clip from the Associated Press on Govs Brewer and our Nevada neighbor Gibbons:

PHOENIX — The governors of Arizona and Nevada say their states will join 14 others suing the federal government over health care reform.
Gov. Jan Brewer announced Arizona was joining the suit Tuesday night. She signed a bill April 1 that gave her the authority to skirt the state's Democratic attorney general, Terry Goddard, who declined to sue on the state's behalf.
Republicans say the bill signed by President Obama is unconstitutional in part because it requires people to buy private health insurance. Goddard and other Democrats say a suit would be unlikely to succeed and thus a waste of taxpayer money.
Also Tuesday, Gov. Jim Gibbons signed an executive order for Nevada to join the multistate challenge to the federal legislation.
Nevada Attorney General Catherine Cortez Masto, a Democrat, refused an earlier directive from Gibbons to join the suit.


 Please join me in November to elect a Governor for the People not the Corporations





No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, but please, be civil and mindful of others who may read them. Donations will not offend me :)