Custom Search

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Az Democrat Donates Pay Raise to Charity

Yesterday I gave Kudos to Ann Kirkpatrick for proposing Congress take an $8,700 pay cut or 5% of their annual base pay. Today another Arizona Democratic Congressman has announced he will donate his payraise to charity.  I just hope more will follow suit and save the taxpayers much needed money.

Rep. Harry Mitchell Yesterday, I announced that I will be donating my 2008 and 2009 Congressional Pay Raise to 17 local charities. Especially in these tough economic times, I believe it is wrong for Congress to give itself a raise - the American people aren't getting a pay raise right now and neither should Congress.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, but please, be civil and mindful of others who may read them. Donations will not offend me :)